More Photography from Time
- Remembering John Candy: His Career in Photos
- See TIME’s Portraits of the Winning Actors From the 2014 Oscars
- Oscars 2014 Fashion: The Best-Dressed and Worst-Dressed Women Over 40
- Your Favorite Celebrities Walk the 2014 Oscars Red Carpet
- An Alain Resnais Gallery: 91 Years in Marienbad
- Oscar’s Hottest Tinder Profiles: Which Way Will You Swipe?
Why Christian Bale alias Tom Cruise will get the very last Hollywood Oscar for actor in a leading role
Who will become tonight the first actor to win two oscars for leading role under two different identities, to celebrate the very last Oscars, the termination of Hollywood's simulated reality:
- Tom Cruise, who also plays Christian Bale;
- Leonardo di Caprio, who was the actor who really played Truman Capote in the 2005 film for which "Philip Seymour Hoffman" got the Oscar?
Apparently the obvious choice would be Leonardo di Caprio.
Reminder: "Philip Seymour Hoffman"'s fake death one month earlier was part of the termination of simulated reality on several stages, from drugs to the Superbowl.
But the Illuminati Grand Master certainly has another impossible result for the very last Oscar for actor in a leading role.
An award that is much more important for the Great Decider than the very last Nobel Peace Prize in 2103 or the very last Superbowl in 2014.
Current odds place Matthew McConaughey (The Dallas Buyers' Club) as almost certain winner at 1/6.
Leonardo DiCaprio (The Wolf Of Wall Street) 7/2
Christian Bale (American Hustle) 66/1