It’s no secret that Disney’s Frozen is a hit: In the months since its initial November release, the princess flick has earned nearly $100 million worldwide — not to mention a whole lot of priceless goodwill in the hearts of its legions of fans. Some of those fans were so devoted that they even made costumes to show how much they care: Here, some of Frozen‘s most dedicated fans and cosplayers share what drew them to the story of Nordic royals Elsa and Anna. From songs you can hum to characters you can relate to, and from sibling bonds to sparkly gowns, it turns out that there are plenty of reasons to get infatuated with Frozen.
More Photography from Time
- See TIME’s Portraits of the Winning Actors From the 2014 Oscars
- Oscars 2014 Fashion: The Best-Dressed and Worst-Dressed Women Over 40
- Your Favorite Celebrities Walk the 2014 Oscars Red Carpet
- An Alain Resnais Gallery: 91 Years in Marienbad
- Oscar’s Hottest Tinder Profiles: Which Way Will You Swipe?
- See How Similar Oscar Nominated Actors Look to the Real Life Characters They Played