Best Songs of 2013 - Part 2
- 2013: The (Full) Year in Review
- No. 25 … “Pretty Boy,” Young Galaxy
- No. 24 … “Blurred Lines,” Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell
- No. 23 … “Reflektor,” Arcade Fire
- No. 22 … “Baby I,” Ariana Grande
- No. 21 … “Chamakay,” Blood Orange
- No. 20 … “Royals,” Lorde
- No. 19 … “You’re Not The One,” Sky Ferreira
- No. 18 … “We Can’t Stop,” Miley Cyrus
- No. 17 … “Take a Little Pill,” Brandy Clark
- No. 16 … “Power Trip,” J Cole feat. Miguel
- No. 15 … “Recover,” Chvrches
- No. 14 … “Shabba,” A$AP Ferg feat. A$AP Rocky
- No. 13 … “Weight,” Mikal Cronin
- No. 12 … “Open,” Rhye
- No. 11 … “Acid Rain,” Chance the Rapper
- No. 10 … “White Noise,” Disclosure feat. AlunaGeorge
- No. 9 … “Control,” Big Sean feat. Kendrick Lamar and Jay Electronica
- No. 8 … “Q.U.E.E.N,” Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu
- No. 7 … “Hold On We’re Going Home,” Drake feat. Majid Jordan
- No. 6 … “Follow Your Arrow,” Kacey Musgraves
- No. 5 … “The Wire,” HAIM
- No. 4 … “Body Party,” Ciara
- No. 3 … “Song for Zula,” Phosphorescent
- No. 2 … “Get Lucky,” Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams
- No. 1 … “New Slaves,” Kanye
I'm already through half the list and haven't seen a single interesting song!! who the heck picked these!
Fail! This is the most pitiful excuse for the best songs of 2013 I've seen. Seriously, who made this list? Kanye West as number one?!? Really?
Thanks for sharing these nice songs collection. I was looking for such list.
not to mention that queens of the stone age and pearl jam aren't here either. And even reflector, which was a GREAT song, wasn't even the best one on the album, even though it was the most popular, which makes me think this had to be, at least partially, based off of popularity
wow, this list REALLY sucks... how much of this was based off of sales and popularity? The fact that ariana grande beat Arcade Fire is absolutely absurd. I understand that I probably sound like those jerks who pretend like their music choice is all the good music that exists, but.. I mean come on, this doesn't even include Vampire Weekend, who critically. musically, and lyrically had one of the best, if not the best, album of the year.
TIME SUCKS, I've seen like six articles on this website and even a single one wasn't good. All of them have these information out of nowhere...
Now I remember why I stopped listening to new music years ago. I didn't know one song out of that top 25. There are so many other truly gifted performers out there who deserve to be on this list. I'll stick to the relatively "unknowns" who actually move me with their music. This stuff is a for a totally different generation of people (of which I'm clearly not a part)....it's a generation with musical tastes that don't even come close to mine.
I'm still trying to figure out how Blurred Lines became so popular without causing a major revolt by women. The song is basically about date rape and treating women like objects. I don't consider myself to be a prude in any sense, but I found that song to be offensive and somewhat disturbing.
This could be the worst "Best" list I have ever seen. Maybe 2 or 3 songs on here I would agree with, but most of these songs exactly the same. IMO "Get Lucky", even though it was overplayed on the radio, should be the #1 song of 2013.
The fact that the #1 song on this list is quite possibly one of the most awful songs I have ever heard, I didn't even think it was a song when I first heard it, pretty much sums this list up. The fact that NOT 1 song by Avicii, Calvin Harris or any of the other EDM performers are on here just loses all credibility with this list.
Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus is in my toplist! Thsese new songs will surely lord the airwaves in 2014 http://tinyurl.com/mvkjchf
I'd be curious of how many teenagers got together to create this list.
Any list of best music, books or movies you are going to disagree with a few, but this list is not even close, only about 5 of these should be in a real best of 2013.
Who created the list, was it Time magazine?
I guess the fact that there are only about 30 comments over 3 weeks goes to show how relevant & in-accurate the list is.
Just wonderful that you put Cancer West at number one. Thought it had to be music to be one of the best songs.
Unfortunately, people in Germany cannot hear the songs because GEMA has not granted permission for whatever.....disgusting this GEMA!
Kanye #1!!!! Is this a joke??? Is somebody afraid he's gonna jump up on stage and get punched by him?????? You just threw your Credibility right out the window!!!!!! What a useless list junk!!!!!
Year end sales have just been announced on Amazon , Check ' em out !!:
Black Sabbath get back together after 40 years, debut at No 1 in half of the world, and you make me lose time with a list where Kanye is No 1? Give me my 2 minutes back!
Best Songs of 2013
1. “Don't Lie”--Vampire Weekend
2. “Brain to Reorder”--Light Heat
3. “Summer Thing” --Cuyacas
4. “Hold Me”--Tom Odell
5. “Here Comes the Night”--Arcade Fire
6. “I Shall Sing”--Van Morrison (recorded in 1970; released 2013)
7. “Rollin' and Tumblin”--North Miss. All Stars
8. “The Red Cloud (Pt. 2)”--The Wave Pictures
9. “American Highway”--Ezra Furman and the Harpoons
10. "Danse Caribe"--Andrew Bird
Worthy Honorable Mentions:
“Well You Better”--Yo La Tengo
“Peace and Quiet”--Waxahatchee
“American Highway”--Ezra Furman and the Harpoons
“The Inattentive Reader”--The Wave Pictures
“Family Tree”--Kings of Leon
“Sweet Persuasion”--Brett Dennen
“Goodbye Crazy City”--Big Harp
”The Kids Don't Stand a Chance” and “Step”--Vampire Weekend
“Secret Game”--Kingston Springs
“Lady, You Shot Me”-Har Mar Superstar
“Other Voices”-The Orwells.
@tealover The real music makers of my generation are dying out. I don't think we'll see anything like them again. Phil Everly is the latest.
Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus is in my toplist! Thsese new songs will surely lord the airwaves in 2014: http://csx.su/ywBZ
I think Kanye is # 2, but I am not considering his music - just the person he appears to be.
@curtsdamnemail Finally, someone with some sense.
@Dabinsk11 seriously no Beiber songs?!
@Dabinsk11 You're obviously a indie fan.... but be a little impartial here.... I love indie music but expand your horizon more