Fast & Furious 7 Filming Suspended

No word on how the studio will handle Walker's role in the movie

  • Share
  • Read Later
Robyn Beck / AFP / Getty Images

A photo of actor Paul Walker December 1 among flowers and candles left by fans at the site of the car accident in which the "Fast and Furious" actor and another man died the previous day, in Santa Clarita, California

Universal Pictures announced Tuesday that it has officially suspended production of the lastest Fast & Furious installment after the death of Paul Walker.

Walker starred in all but one of the Fast & Furious films. According to the studio, Walker had shot many of his scenes for Fast & Furious 7 and was taking a break from filming when the accident occurred. The film, however, was not yet complete, and Walker along with other cast members was scheduled to continue filming in Atlanta the Monday after his death. The studio has not yet said how it will deal with Walker’s unfinished performance, though reportedly the crew was already rushing to finish filming with a July 11 release date. Citing unnamed sources, the Hollywood Reporter indicated Wednesday that filming has now been indefinitely suspended.

Meanwhile, authorities continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding Walker’s death. Walker, 40, died in a fiery crash on Friday when the Porsche Carrera GT he was riding in hit a light pole and a tree, exploding into flames. Law enforcement said that they do not believe Walker and the car’s driver, Roger Rodas, had been racing with another car, as some had speculated.

Fans and friends have gathered at the crash site to leave flowers and candles for Walker. On Monday night, the cast and crew of the Fast & Furious movies held a private memorial around the site. But the gathering crowd has slowed down the investigation, according to the Associated Press.

MORE: Before Paul Walker and Fast & Furious: 5 Stars Who Died Mid-Film Project

[AP]

0 comments