Ryan Seacrest Will Keep Ringing In New Year’s Eve

The TV personality will officially take over for Dick Clark in a multi-year deal.

  • Share
  • Read Later
Ida Mae Astute / ABC / Getty Images

Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest counting down the New Year in Times Square in 2012

Get ready to count down New Year’s Eve with Ryan Seacrest for years to come.

Seacrest’s spokesperson told TheWrap Wednesday that he has signed a “multi-year deal” to host Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve. The exact terms of the deal and how long Secrest has signed on for weren’t disclosed.

Seacrest joined the show in 2005 to co-host with Dick Clark. Seacrest became the show’s solo host last year after Clark’s death. The 2013 show, which included a tribute to Clark, was the most watched New Year’s Eve special eve,r with 22.6 million viewers.

“I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” Seacrest said.

[TheWrap]

0 comments