Quentin Tarantino’s list of favorite movies may differ from critics’ picks, box-office leaders—pretty much everybody. Not shocking news, right?
The famed director has offered up his list of top 10 films of 2013 to the fan site www.tarantino.info, certainly providing an offbeat viewing list for fans that still gets sprinkled with a bit of big-name draw and raunchy flavor. Again, not shocking, right?
The list starts off with Afternoon Delight, directed by Jill Soloway, a sexually charged comedy-drama that was Sundance Film Festival darling. Here’s the whole run-down of Tarantino’s best (and the directors) from 2013:
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)