Songs of Summer 2013
- No. 1 – “Blurred Lines,” Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell Williams
- No. 2 – “Get Lucky,” Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams
- No. 3 – “Treasure,” Bruno Mars
- No. 4 – “Can’t Hold Us,” Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton
- No. 5 – “Holy Grail,” Jay-Z featuring Justin Timberlake
- No. 6 – “We Can’t Stop,” Miley Cyrus
- No. 7 – “Don’t Drop That Thun Thun!,” FiNATTiCZ
- No. 8 – “Best Song Ever,” One Direction
- No. 9 – “Cups” (Pitch Perfect’s “When I’m Gone”), Anna Kendrick
- No. 10 – “Cruise,” Florida Georgia Lane featuring Nelly
- No. 11 – “Radioactive,” Imagine Dragons
- No. 12 – “Clarity,” Zedd featuring Foxes
- No. 13 – “Wake Me Up,” Avicii
Lots of controversy on the Bruno Mars song. It's well known that he stole the melody and some chord progressions from Breakbot, a French Electronic artist. Do your research Time.
That is so true, about the rip off of "Got to give it up", Alan Thicke has proven that he is a better writer than his clown son, but the best song of the summer is "Beat This Summer" by Brad Paisley. Hands down.
I really don't see that strong of a case for "Blurred Lines" to be a "rip-off" of "Got to Give It Up". If a black artist "samples"(recording lingo for "steal") a song, it's considered to be creative. Turnabout is fair play. Who cares? Turn it up and get on the good foot!
. . . AND GAWD, HAVE YOU NOT HEARD/SEEN 'POPULAR SONG' ?
Cont. LIVE YOUR LIFE :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgs032SbjZs
Robin Thicke is a poor imitation of Marvin Gaye. Now he's disrespecting Marvin by suing his family/estate to prevent them from suing him for ripping off Marvin's song. I don't know who the heck he thinks he is! This shows how much he thinks he can just steal from someone and get away with it. I shouldn't be surprised as his type always thinks that they can just take other people's stuff and use it to line their pockets.
@hummingbird his type you sound like a racist. what is his type white. we know he is no racist, but you that is another thing. So you must be a black racist or a white woman who craves the black stuff. I know your type.