(1) Why did the officer on the Star Destroyer choose not to shoot the escape pod carrying R2D2 and C-3PO?
(2) Why didn’t Chewbacca get a medal at the big ceremony at the end?
(3) Does Mark Hamill (playing Luke Skywalker) mistakenly shout “Carrie” as he exits his fighter?
(4) And one that’s bugged us for a long time: Right before the Millennium Falcon is attacked by the TIE fighters, how is that we see Luke and Han climb up and down into the laser turrets—and are shown sitting across from one another a few seconds later (as seen in the clip below)?
BEST EXPLANATIONS: The many questions we’ve left off—the wildly varying accuracy of Stormtroopers, the Death Star’s clumsy approach to Yavin—we’ll leave for another list. Getting to the questions above:
(1) Maybe he didn’t get the email about the missing Rebel plans? A Star Destroyer is a really big ship.
(2) We like to think he got his later. But, ya know: he should’ve, at the very least, received a box or certificate during the ceremony, to at least show his deeds were being officially recognized.
(3) It’s hard to tell what he’s saying—what do you think?
(4) Showing the two climbing up and down conforms to the Falcon’s layout—but you can see why having them sit across from one another does look better.