A new book, BATMOBILE: The Complete History, goes under the hood and charts the evolution of the caped crusader’s trusted vehicle
More Photography from Time
- See TIME’s Portraits of the Winning Actors From the 2014 Oscars
- Oscars 2014 Fashion: The Best-Dressed and Worst-Dressed Women Over 40
- Your Favorite Celebrities Walk the 2014 Oscars Red Carpet
- An Alain Resnais Gallery: 91 Years in Marienbad
- Oscar’s Hottest Tinder Profiles: Which Way Will You Swipe?
- See How Similar Oscar Nominated Actors Look to the Real Life Characters They Played
Anoton Furst's design wasn't built on a Corvette chassis.Many people assume it was because it superficially has the same coke-bottle-waist shape, forgetting that it's an entirely new body. It was built using a stretched Chevrolet Impala chassis (in fact 2 Impalas grafted together)
I think my favorite thing about the Tumbler is that it's purpose-built, with a back story to make it believable. Who wouldn't love a vehicle put together specifically to jump things and blow them up?
I drive a Volvo, and I think their sales would be much higher if Volvo's cars blew stuff up and jumped things.
Eight years on, a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy. Watch The Dark Knight Rises 2012 Full Movie Online
'The Dark Knight Rises' will be released soon. Are you going to run to the theaters to see it? Vote at Nationwidevotes.com
The batmobile as in batman returns who did not want that as a child?......and maybe as an adult....... / Martin Engegren
The Batman Forever section of the article seems to have been copied from Wikipedia