Compared with many of her peers on this list, Natalie Portman’s playing of Evey in V for Vendetta isn’t too awkward when it comes to the accent. Portman goes down the road marked “posh,” and it somewhat pays off, even if you can tell that she’s having to work a little too hard to sound convincing. She apparently stayed in upper-class Brit mode throughout the production, which must have made her really popular among the cast and crew. At least she had the good grace to admit that it got too much for her mother. “My mom said, ‘Really, Natalie, enough already. This is crazy.'” Mum’s the word indeed.
Strike a Light, Guv'nor!
- Anne Hathaway, One Day
- Don Cheadle, Ocean’s Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen
- Dick Van Dyke, Mary Poppins
- Mischa Barton, St. Trinian’s
- Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder, Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe, Robin Hood Movies
- Natalie Portman, V for Vendetta
- Mike Myers (as Fat Bastard), Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Forest Whitaker, The Crying Game
- Marlon Brando, Mutiny on The Bounty