What’s most scandalous about Mischa Barton’s accent in the horrific Brit flick St. Trinian’s is that she really has no excuse as she was born (and raised) in London to an English father and Irish mother. Nevertheless, her eventual move to the U.S. at the age of 6 must be the reason for her going off-message (and that’s being kind). The filmmakers clearly realized they had a major problem by explaining that JJ French, the ex-head girl at the all-girls school, once lived in the U.S. But that simply cannot explain away her mangling of dialogue like: “Before you know it, you’ve married a footballer and bought the Bahamas.” Except when you watch it back, it doesn’t sound anything like that.
Strike a Light, Guv'nor!
- Anne Hathaway, One Day
- Don Cheadle, Ocean’s Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen
- Dick Van Dyke, Mary Poppins
- Mischa Barton, St. Trinian’s
- Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder, Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe, Robin Hood Movies
- Natalie Portman, V for Vendetta
- Mike Myers (as Fat Bastard), Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Forest Whitaker, The Crying Game
- Marlon Brando, Mutiny on The Bounty