And just to prove that being one of the all-time greats is no guarantee against sometimes sucking, even the legend that was Marlon Brando could come a cropper. Case in point: his Lieutenant Fletcher Christian from Mutiny on The Bounty, whose upper-class English accent sounds like the perfect audition for a Pathé newsreel announcer. There’s no getting away from it: Brando’s Don Corleone would have ensured that Fletcher ended up sleeping with the fishes.
Strike a Light, Guv'nor!
- Anne Hathaway, One Day
- Don Cheadle, Ocean’s Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen
- Dick Van Dyke, Mary Poppins
- Mischa Barton, St. Trinian’s
- Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder, Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe, Robin Hood Movies
- Natalie Portman, V for Vendetta
- Mike Myers (as Fat Bastard), Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Forest Whitaker, The Crying Game
- Marlon Brando, Mutiny on The Bounty