It took 30 years to build the Trevi Fountain but just a minute of screen time for the monument to be immortalized. Other films — Roman Holiday and Three Coins in the Fountain — featured Nicola Salvi’s 18th century masterpiece, but its most celebrated role was in Federico Fellini’s [ITALIC “La dolce vita”]. In all its black-and-white glory, the 1960 classic highlighted Swedish bombshell Anita Ekberg and her strapless evening gown basking in the pouring water. Tourists inspired by the scene, though, have to settle for tossing coins into the fountain. Bathing, however curvaceous you may be, is not allowed.
"That's the Place from the Movie!"
- Baseball Field, Field of Dreams
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Rocky
- Devils Tower, Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Tiffany’s & Co., Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- The Stone Steps, The Exorcist
- The Trevi Fountain, La dolce vita
- Katz’s Deli, When Harry Met Sally
- Monument Valley, Stagecoach
- Wiener Riesenrad, The Third Man
- La Verne United Methodist Church, The Graduate