Sylvester Stallone’s underdog franchise had its hits and plenty of misses (does anyone actually remember a single thing about Rocky V?), but one of its successes is its inspiring movie buffs to experience a brief moment of exercise. If you find yourself near the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps, you run up them. Simple as that. There is no way around it. Ideally you will wear a bandanna and play the Rocky theme song (“Gonna Fly Now”) in your head. Second-guessing the location? Orient yourself with the nearby Rocky statue.
"That's the Place from the Movie!"
- Baseball Field, Field of Dreams
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Rocky
- Devils Tower, Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Tiffany’s & Co., Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- The Stone Steps, The Exorcist
- The Trevi Fountain, La dolce vita
- Katz’s Deli, When Harry Met Sally
- Monument Valley, Stagecoach
- Wiener Riesenrad, The Third Man
- La Verne United Methodist Church, The Graduate